Hailing from Beaumont, Texas, Colleen and her husband, Larry Rice, a native of Montgomery County have practiced law and raised their four children in Montgomery County since 1996.
Currently, Colleen Rice is a staff attorney and Probate Investigator for Judge Claudia Laird, of Montgomery County Court at Law Number Two. Previously, she had a private practice with her husband Larry, providing:
Experience handling hundreds of cases in probate and estate planning, guardianship, general civil litigation, and family law.
Judicial appointments as Guardian Ad Litem, Attorney Ad Litem, and Amicus Attorney in probate, civil and family areas.
Judicial appointments to serve as guardian for incapacitated adults.
Lawfirm management experience including accounting, budgeting, case and client management.
EDUCATION & HONORS
• South Texas College of Law, Houston, Texas
• American Jurisprudence Award -
Legal Writing and Research
• Pace University Moot Court Competition Team;
• Finalist Best Speaker Award
• Member State Bar College
• BA from Agnes Scott College, Decatur, Georgia
• Monsignor Kelly High School, Beaumont, Texas